New Counter 29 December 2011

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

My new normal - "normal" yet surreal...

The last few days have been non stop and oddly I have been the family member with the most energy and plenty left over. On Tuesday at Commonwealth games roles from any other stage of my life were reversed. I dropped wife and kids at entrance and drove to park the car a good 15-20 minutes walk away. Seemed to eat up the yards and hills on the way back. Well remember a football match (Bristol City away at Charlton) with my father. We were hurrying away from the ground post game as things were a little spicey. He at 65+ almost ran up a hill to the car while I waited at the bottom...

On Monday  I was up at 6am, in gym by 6:30 for a warm up 1.4k in 12 minutes followed by a 50 minute jog, average speed 8.2 kmph (new PB) then a family walk before 12 holes of pitch and putt and an hour plus drive to Glasgow. Back home around 11pm. A full and fulfilling day with mate's daughter winning Commonwealth Gold very special icing on the cake. 

Cheeses, eggs and yoghurt along with fish and meat formed my diet. Will check ketosis in next couple of days. Feeling very good though.

Even managed to run for a bus today!!

Am now testing this further by signing up for a couple of games of cricket in the next two weekends. One with another 3 mates from The City University team of 1984 turning out for Hinton Charterhouse and one, on 9th with my son for our UK village team Mortimer West End. Can't wait and more huge incentive to keep off the carbs. 

Need to find a gym though but should be able to fit in a treadmill session in London next week if not before.

No comments: