New Counter 29 December 2011

Monday, July 21, 2014

Singapore Over 40's indoor cricket

So my life at present is certainly not dull - invited to train with a group of over 40 players with a view to potentially playing in a tournament in New Zealand - not sure quite how. I joined the session this evening- the first time i have been coached, with the exception of one day at Lord's with Mike Gatting, in 30 years. I would not have dreamed of exposing myself to such a challenge 10 days ago - it simply would not have entered my mind. Tonight a warm up and 90 minutes of fielding drills - nearly non-stop were accomplished and I am full of energy and feeling no M effect at all. I did stop some of the warm ups when repetitions began to yield early warning signs - I know my body now and know when to stop. I had a great time met some new fellow cricketers and a physio with whom i discussed the condition and this magical fix that I have stumbled across.

I have signed up for a weekly fitness session, adapted to my needs, and weekly training from now until the tournament in New Zealand. Given this bizarre journey I might just make it.......needless to say I will keep you posted!!!

No comments: