New Counter 29 December 2011

Friday, July 25, 2014

First business trip


Wednesday
Business trip to HK. Kept broadly to a water fast today but for a mini mouth sized quiche and some cheese on flight. Raced through Hong Kong airport with barely a murmur of complaint from muscles that normally would have been screaming.

Despite little sleep this week I feel energised and enthused both with work and extra-curricular activities that I would normally not have the energy for. Often in the past M has meant just keeping going has been a struggle with periods of work, sleep a lot, work sleep a lot, rest frequent. 

Thursday
Breakfast of fish eggs and cheese followed by 24 hour water fast before exercise tomorrow. The taste in my mouth this morning is a familiar one from the fast so I think am in ketosis will check tonight.
‎Important that I am for 7:30 am gym session and subsequent heart treadmill test. 

Busy day buzzing around walking here and there with colleagues, at pace, without a care in the world. No longer worried about simple seizing up. Would not have believed it possible having spent most of my life avoiding walking with anyone if possible and always looking to meet at a destination rather than walk together. One Christmas long ago a fear of walking a young lady home, as I knew there was a long uphill slog between us and destination brought an end to a short relationship. She walked home with friends but was none to happy.....

Will I now become a last minute Larry having thus far always been early? I already seem less prepared to compromise. 

As I charged through Hong Kong airport this evening have eaten and odd mix of fried fish and cheese with a few veggies. Confident I am in ketosis. Usually I have a few glasses of red wine now 7pm waiting for an 8:30 flight, but not tonight!

On the flight I did though indulge 1 glass champagne, Cheese, Cheesecake and a two chocolates.

Landed midnight and home for a skype call with M guru Andrew Wakelin until 1:30am meant a short night of sleep.


No comments: