New Counter 29 December 2011

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

My Jimmy Anderson champagne moment (Fast day 11)


For those unaware Jimmy Anderson, England cricketer, and one of the world's leading bowlers had until last week not really be known for his batting. 

Until today I had never jogged for more than 8 consecutive minutes in 52 years of McArdle's Disease imposed inability. 

Last week as England battled India, Jimmy who had never before scored a 50 in his career, scored 81 in a world record last wicket stand. Afterwards he expressed his disbelief. 

Today at 6:45 am I got on the treadmill started at 6kmph and had two abortive attempts at jogging before on 16 minutes I started to jog again, at 7.6 kmph,  20 minutes later I decided not to push things too hard and eased back. Jogging for 20 minutes is something I never thought was possible for me - Jimmy probably had higher expectations of his batting....

8 hours later I feel that same sense of disbelief and equally of achievement. Am sure my fast has put me in the position to do this and equally sure that being in ketosis is the key. 

I hope Jimmy and I are able to repeat the feat, which is one, up until day 8 of this fast‎, that I thought was totally beyond me. 

Drs tomorrow for blood work and then perhaps one more day before I eat again and see how i can

No comments: