New Counter 29 December 2011

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Not easy to remain in ketosis................worth the effort though

Monday felt more of a struggle walking. After a few days of little sleep, and not full dietary awareness yet, I felt like things were slipping away a little. Tested urine this morning and sure enough ketosis not evident. Yoghurt and cheese for breakfast and a water fast for the remainder of the day will hopefully get me back in that zone for a weekend of cricket.

While I have not been able to exercise much and broadly sticking to ketogenic but need to be back home to be more systematic about this. Nevertheless cricket on Sunday was fine (my batting no better sadly) with M not restricting me at all. Am hoping to score a few runs next weekend, when normally I would simply be contemplating a very stiff and sore body. Have found a good book on Keto and it's use in treating epilepsy. Intend to email authors re M once I have read it!!

Still hoping to get to M clinic though it may mean missing Bristol City's 1st home game of the season so if it has to wait for another time so be it.........

Monday and Tuesday in London. Still feeling full of energy and having no issue resisting carbs - upside of not having them is so substantial. Friends noticing a change and I am needing less sleep, substantially less, and feeling tremendous.

First murmurings of M resurfacing today as needed to stop once while walking up Piccadilly. Seems a 24 -36 hour fast is essential and may have a few glasses of vino with friends tonight and then implement!

Lovely evening with great friends and a keto friendly meal (I think) but supplemented by red wine. After yesterday's experience I really do not want to allow M to take over my life again. Hence have commenced a water fast and will continue until I am firmly in a high keytone state. Will supplement with a little natural yoghurt. Delighted to say I have an appointment for M clinic in London next week so am looking forward to discussing Ketogenic with Dr Quinlivan.
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So excited about your visit to the clinic. Keep writing, I'm reading!