New Counter 29 December 2011

Friday, July 25, 2014

Ultimately an excellent Friday and new PB by some distance

Up for early gym session with Jony and a chance for him to see me on the treadmill before thinking how best to progress. At the very least if I make the squad or I don't at least one more gym instructor/physio/team medic will understand this disease.

Only mildy in ketosis, really do have to get the diet sorted. While up, into taxi, straight to gym and then on the treadmill was probably the coldest of cold starts.

I just did a 12 minute treadmill and walked/jogged 1.35k - was disappointed with how i felt this morning.

Then to work before a heart stress test, which revealed nothing out of the ordinary and where cardiologist said he was happy for me to stay off crestor for 3-4 months and see how I go with a Ketogenic diet. He has seen friends lose a lot of weight on such but for me the diet is now for very different reasons - Normality!!!

Quick creamy yoghurt infusion and after another 2 hours at the desk of to the gym.

This time much, much improved and for once I was far from being the least able on the treadmill!!


Did the 12 minute session again and managed 1.49k, starting with brisk walk at 7k then jogging and slow back before 6 minute jog to end.
 
I stopped and then immediately started my normal 50 minute session. Quickly established a jog at 7.7K and maintained that for 40 minutes then for the last 10 minutes gradually incrased speed to 8.5 and then to 9 and above for the last minute. In total I jogged 6.4k at an average speed of 7.8Kmph.
 
That is a 25% improvement on length of time jogging continuosly over previous best set last week, 6 times better than my previous best ever jog of 8 minutes set earlier this year in Kuwait. It is also 0.6kmph better than my best ever previous average of 7.2kmph......

Happy with tat now to make sure during 3 weeks in UK i don't go backwards...

Will be keeping an accurate exercise and food diary and will see where this leads.

may not have the same opportunity to blog but when I can i will..

No comments: