New Counter 29 December 2011

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Maybe Jimmy will do it again too, and better next time.....


Fast Day 12

Awake early, before my alarm and head to the office for an early morning call. Great to be able to walk briskly to the train station with not a single M issue on the 10minute walk and with stop to a brisk walk straight away seeming natural. Feel alert and energised and have no muscle issues after yesterday's jog, NONE. 

In truth did eat a few things yesterday, couple of tomatoes, couple of spoons of a meat stew and some natural yoghurt but otherwise water. Today will be water only until my appointment with the Dr at 2::15pm, amusingly receptionists at the clinic asked a number of time if I would be able to fast until 2pm!!!

Must admit I was a little apprehensive this morning. Would it be possible to recreate yesterday's session? I need not have worried nd this incredible journey (for me at least) goes on. Only water since my snacks yesterday after 3 hours at my desk decided it was time for the treadmill. The session like yesterday left me smiling. Today after 2 abortive starts from 16 minutes I jogged at 7.3 kmph for 34 minutes i.e. to the end of my normal 50 minute session. I have achieved a higher average speed than today's 7.1 but only through walking fast interspersed with faster two minute runs. Also my heart rate today much better and averaged 135 for the whole session.

A few more twinges post exercise today in thighs and oddly my back. Not substantial but noticeable nevertheless.

So to my GP and have to say delighted with the results that were immediately available. Namely weight down 6kg, blood pressure 100/70 versus prior 120/85, body fat 28.4 v 30.2 Viseral fat 11.5 vs 14. Also the urine test for Ketosis as expected proved strongly positive. Also pleased with the look of shock on Dr's face as she compared results with prior readings. Full blood work should be back by Saturday. 
 
As for Ketogenic diet she saw no issue, would like me to come off the fast soon. She said ‎not a diet for diabetics or those with acidosis but otherwise should be fine. I have therefore acquired the required testing sticks and plan to keep good track on where I am with this. 

No longer fully fasting but won't break completely for a few days yet as I still have a weight goal i'd like to achieve. 

That's all for today as will probably need time to research the Ketogenic diet more fully. 

Might be interesting if people tried exercising first thing each day before eating and see if that helps. How many of us are willing to record our workouts? I have been doing so for a number of years on and off  including since April when Stacey's week of walking kick started me. As an example these entries for treadmill sessions:

11 Jan 2012 50 mins ave speed 4.9k ave incline 5.4%
16 Jan 2012 30 mins ave speed 4.16k ave incline 4.5% awful session -struggled and stopped early

Looking back better performance has always been associated with "good" diet which for me is low carb higher protein and of course lower alcohol. Better diet helps. Will a ketogenic diet help more....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you!! I guess I'm happy for me to, because I know how much the diet has helped me and having another person with M validate it is awesome.
I don't know how I could record my results, I don't walk on the treadmill, I prefer the great outdoors:-)
Do you remember Dane DeValcourt? He is doing great with the ketosis diet.

andyww1 said...

Best way would be to get a fitbit if you walk outdoors that way it's recorded for you. Andy