New Counter 29 December 2011

Sunday, August 6, 2017

Step by Step Preparation and Shopping List

To accompany my current video blogging https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyJsOImyWL2J_xAVebDUTmg I will be updating this blog as I start and then undertake a 21 day (initially) ketogenic regime, starting on 15th August. I will start with a 24 hour fast - my aim is to shift a few unwanted kilos but more importantly to get back into regular exercise and to enjoy again the feeling I get from being in deep ketosis.

My wife will be joining me in the programme, and I attach a menu and exercise plan I have put together for us to follow for the first two days:

15-Aug 16-Aug
Annely  Andy Annely  Andy
7:00 -8:00 Dog walk Dog walk
7:00 - 8:30
Water fast to dinner Scrambled egg and keto bagel with avocado mash
11:00- 12

Gym 50 min treadmill
spicey lamb pizza and salad
5:00 6:00 Dog walk Dog walk
6:30 Steak with Cauliflower mash and salad,Olive oil, lemon dressing spicey prawn salad
Comte cheese snack as required



None of the following allowed: Diet Coke, Sparkling Water, Balsamic Vinegar, Bread, (except low carb) sugar, sodas of any description, chocolate, (except one square per day dark chocolate if needed)
Aim for less than 30g of carbs daily (net carbs)
Aim for diet of 70%fat, 20%protein, 10% Carbs using MyFitnessPal App Aim for less than 30g of carbs daily (net carbs)
Salad always with olive oil based dressing, butter with vegetables
Record all exercise sessions

We will be avoiding alcohol, both to avoid losing ketosis but also to assist willpower!

To assist with preparation I provide a shopping list below:

Almond flour
Avocado
Bacon
Butter
Cauliflower
Cheese, Cream Cheese, Shredded Mozarella, Cheddar, Parmesan, plus snack cheeses of choice, Comte my favourite fat source
Chia seeds
Chic Peas
Coconut Flour
Coconut oil
Courgettes
Cream
Eggs (lots)
Fish of choice Sardines in oil, fresh fish, prawns
Greek Yoghurt (Full fat)
Herbs of choice
Low carb bread*
Low carb Jam*
Low carb snack bar*
Mayonnaise
Meat of choice Pork, Lamb, minced lamb of pork and steak
Nuts  snack food with Macadamia a particularly high fat option, almonds, walnuts all good
Olive Oil
Olives
Onion, spring onion, red onion
Panko -Japanese breadcrumbs
Pork scratchings
Salad leaves
Salami
Sesame seeds
Spinach
* options which can be helpful for snacking in case of need.

No comments: