New Counter 29 December 2011

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Cholesterol crisis

After a visit to the Dr no alternative but to embrace a rigorous action plan on cholesterol front. In Feb 2011 after a detox in Koh Samui I had reached reasonable levels with total Chol of 215. Yesterday ‘s reading was 327 and the good to bad ratio dreadful so over the next month have decided it must be treadmill every day and have agreed to try a low dose of Crestor (I/2 tablet every other day). Will be tracking how I go. Started well today with 50 minutes done by 10am and at average speed of 5.1 on 5.4 incline – a way to go to match my best but certainly an encouraging start. I also have the incentive of my first cricket match in several years on July 14th on the Padang here in Singapore and I need to be in decent shape for that …………………………..no excuses! Sunday day two and another session done despite a "healthy" amount of red wine last night. Actually felt good (5.2, 5.4%). no sign yet of Crestor issue, but then it has been only half a tab!

No comments: