New Counter 29 December 2011

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Happy to be back in the zone



After a frustrating week in which my overindulgence in carbs over the last weekend had me feeling M for the first time in weeks I managed to get back in the zone this morning. A treadmill session of 50 minutes at an average of 7.7k felt good and a 2.8 mmol/l reading for keytones in my blood simply confirmed that a restricted diet this week, combined with 20 hour water fast has got my body back into taking its energy from fatty acids rather than seeking to access glycogen. Feels tremendous and I am looking forward with renewed excitement to my second debut for Singapore Cricket Club tomorrow!

A ketogenic diet is not easy and temptation is there but rewards are for me high so should be easier to resist now I have that confirmation. MCT oil has been a valuable addition to my diet in my effort to hit a 70/20/10 fat/protein/carb ratio. I have been nearer 60/25/15 this week up until Wednesday night - a reading of 1.1 mmol/L of keytones on Thursday morning and lacklustre exercise ability and feeling M more than I had in weeks convinced me a sort fast was required. 20 hours broadly on water (including a night’s sleep) seem to have done the trick. Now to stay there.

May try and tackle a 10k later this evening - that will be a first!!

No comments: