New Counter 29 December 2011

Thursday, August 14, 2014

New normal continues - Excellent McArdle's clinic visit

Have not really had time for a treadmill session but played cricket on Saturday, again with no hint of M hanging over me. Skill sadly still lacking. Energy aplenty up early and in need of things to do - walks, tidying dad's garden shed etc. High fat low carb diet‎ fine so far.

Thursday 14th August

On train back to Bristol after yesterday's highly‎ enjoyable and beneficial visit to the McArdle clinic in London. Green light to continue my Ketogenic experiment, some very helpful pointers and advice. Great to have the opportunity to meet a team of professionals with insight into the condition and to discuss what I have experienced these few weeks since my fast. I will be doing anything and everything I can to help progress further research in the hope that others can experience the complete "rebirth" that I have. I truly feel like a new man and it feels great. After a few glasses of wine and a Bounty bar last night, the former with friends, the latter a sneaky treat, I felt a little more M symptoms as I walked to the underground this morning. Eggs Florentine at the Groucho Club with an old friend got me back on track and I then paced through the streets of London to Paddington without a sign of M.
 
Life is good!
 
Am looking forward to getting back to Singapore for a few treadmill sessions as feel there are now plenty more PBs to aim for.....this afternoon did an hour of fitness training with my eldest daughted and son. Of course did not keep up but had lots of fun trying! even did a plank for 10-15 seconds....

Will of course keep you posted!

No comments: