New Counter 29 December 2011

Friday, February 5, 2021

No pain, will gain!!!!! 50 mins 6.21km

 Very hot and sweaty just off the treadmill and no pain will gain is certainly working, alongside regular exercise. I am probably toward the extreme of exercise at present. It's become my key focus in lockdown, and, with plenty of sport to watch I am making good gains with no pain. I am pushing myself but just enough and easing off when needed. The last few days I have been trying to establish a solid jog but without success. Increasing speed from a fast walking base, once comfortable, but I have not managed more than 3-4 minutes. Today and early 5.02km session set me up for my best session since August last year, with that session a best for several years. Again starting off this session I got up to a fast walk at 6.5kmph before trying to jog, managed two minutes early ion then slowed. I kept this up until either 22 or 24 minutes, not sure which as what came next was a complete surprise - a jog until then end of the 50 minutes. I felt good so simply kept going setting a series of mini goals along the way - jog to 26, jog to 30 etc. I did slow down once from 7.8kmph to 7.5 for 2 minutes but then back to 7,8. Have  not tested but  have not eaten since last evening so in keto without a shadow of a doubt.


Really great to work up a very healthy sweat!! More to come

No comments: