New Counter 29 December 2011

Friday, December 31, 2021

Close but no cigar..........

 I ended 13th December with 20 sessions left to complete to reach my 2021 target of 365. Sadly on 14th I tested +ve for Covid and that, as they say, was that. While symptoms were mild I have been left feeling weak and fatigued and so have yet to get back on the treadmill.

I am sure I will in the next few days and I will do so with the added benefit of a keto diet, which I think will help me recover prior performance more quickly and then to go on to challenge my Lifetime best in 2022.

But for Covid I am confident I would have hit my goal. I had though found it more difficult in the last few sessions as I took diet a little for granted. For me it is clear to exercise at my best I need to be fasted from the night before, whether I need to be fully ketogenic or simply no carbs before exercise I will seek to discover in the coming months. For 2021 I was generally low carb and that enabled me to achieve the following:

2021 Summary
Total number of sessions                            345
Total distance covered                                1915.63km
Average distance per 50 minute session            5.55km
Average speed                                                    6.66kmph

Predictably I improved distance as the year went on, 2nd sessions were always better than 1st sessions and the more I did the more I could do. My best was 7.51km or 6th November, my 3rd session that day and only 130m short of a lifetime best. November was also my best month with 49 sessions of average 6.54km.

Overall pleased I set myself the challenge at the beginning of 2021, for 2022 I intend to try and establish a routine of a minimum of 3 double sessions each week, and to do so following a ketogenic diet, for January at least. 

Of course that will be post-Covid malaise dependent, which goes to confirm that not everything is M and M is not everything when it comes to health matters.


All best to all for the New Year and thanks for reading.


No comments: