New Counter 29 December 2011

Monday, June 21, 2021

Near the midway point - feeling the benefit - new challenge

Year to date I have managed 184 treadmill sessions so am on the home straight with 181 to go and still 10 days left in June. I had hoped to be a little further ahead but following a brief hiatus more consistent use of the treadmill is helping me off it. This last weekend I played a competitive cricket match, kept wicket for 30 overs( 180 plus squats) and then opened the batting, (lots of running) going on to score my highest score for a good number of years. Two days later and I have no pain other than in the front of my shins - for me that is now common but going back to my twenties and thirties, before keto and before consistent treadmill it would take me a week to be able to walk normally after cricket - just in time for the next match!!!!!

I have also been walking regularly along the Thames with a friend, for the pleasure ( my 11 year old self would not believe that possible) and in preparation for a 26 mile walk from Windsor to Henley on 17th July. The opportunity, courtesy of McMillan, appeared on my FB feed in February and I signed up as a further challenge to myself and to provide added incentive to keep up the treadmill work. As the day approaches I am looking forward to it and feeling ready. I am aiming to complete the walk in under 8 hours but of course completing it is the main challenge....

In the interim its back to building stamina and treadmill speed, while aiming to accumulate plenty more runs over the course of this cricket season.......................

No comments: