New Counter 29 December 2011

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Day two

Calves a little stiff from either the treadmill or an overly fast walk to the train station this morning.

Pleased to say though that I managed a 50 minute session and despite starting quite aggressively(3% incline and 3.2k) did so quite comfortably with overall averages of 4.9k and 5% incline.

To give some perspective I looked at my exercise prescription from Dr Slonim back in 2005 (http://mcardlesandme.blogspot.com/2010/04/my-exercise-prescription.html) where average speed was 3.6k and average incline 0.2%. Sometimes even at that level it was hard to get going so glad I have "followed" the regime,albeit not fully, since then. I would emphasise that Dr S prescriptions are tailored carefully for each patient and each of us is different and needs to exercise at a different pace.

Good progress.

Weight loss may be harder so 7lb in 7 days juice detox starts tomorrow. Have no clue whether this is recommended for M people but seems the only way I lose any weight is on such regimes....exercise alone for me simply does not cut it.

No comments: