New Counter 29 December 2011

Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year and a new start............

Celebrated the end of 2007 in great style at the Singapore Cricket Club with the New Year piped in by the Singapore Contingent of the Gurkha's . This morning brought the reality check following over indulgence in the festive season. My dress trousers gave a rather sizable clue last night that all was not well, the scales confirmed the sorry full story this morning - 85.5kg is not where I need to be. So have resolved both to update the blog more regularly and get the weight down, ideally by 10kg before next New Year's Day............

After a fantastic week of detox in Koh Samui ,in August, in truth I thought I would be there already but a hectic travel schedule, failure on the exercise front and a very alcohol fueled festive season have left their mark.

The detox was a tremendous week and for two months afterwards I was noticeably more energised so will be doing that again this year - tried yoga while there but that is not something for those of us with McCardle's and I quickly decided a massage was a far safer alternative.

Despite not exercising McCardle's still does not impede me too much - of course regular cramping from playing with the kids is painful but not overly so.

A Happy New Year to all

No comments: